There are some days when you’ll not have prepared anything ahead for work the next day. And if you are not a morning person like me, who wakes up just in time to get ready and rush, this recipe will be perfect for such days. Well, as the name says, this curry needs Methi (Fenugreek leaves) and tomatoes. You could do this with fresh Methi leaves, which will taste lovely, but remember we don’t have enough time this morning, to clean and prepare the Methi leaves. So the best alternative will be Kasoori Methi (dry methi leaves). We will still get the same flavor of fresh Methi leaves.
Quick Methi Tamatar | Methi Tomato CurryServes 2 Prep Time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 10 – 12 mins
Onions, finely chopped – 1 no.
Tomatoes, finely chopped – 2 nos.
Kasoori Methi – 3 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Water – 1 cup
Oil – 2 tsp
- Add oil in a heated pan, and saute the cumin seeds for 30 secs and then add the finely chopped onions. Saute the onions till they are soft and moist.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for 30 more seconds.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Sprinkle some water to help cook the tomatoes. Let it cook covered for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- At this point in time, add the Kasoori Methi powder, by crushing them inbetween your palms. Add more water if required. Stir and let cook, covered, for 3 more mins.
- There you have it. Hot and flavorful Methi Tamatar curry.
Goes well with roti, chapathi, dosa, rice and pulav. Enjoy !!